Are you looking for ways to give back to your community? Lending a hand to friends and neighbors, whether local or global, is a great way to support a system of reciprocity. Look for ways to use your resources, whether it’s time, money, or specific skills, to help others in need. There are a variety of exciting ways to get involved! Whether you’re thinking about donating, volunteering, or launching a local nonprofit, check out the following resources and tips, courtesy of Kantuckee!
Give to Groups and Nonprofits
Donating money and items to local organizations is one of the easiest ways to have a positive impact on your community.
- Donate to a local nonprofit to support a cause that’s close to your heart, such as Cedar Lake Foundation or Community Foundation of Louisville.
- Give used clothes, household products, and other gently used items to organizations and charities.
- Consider giving cash instead of canned goods to your local food banks.
Start Your Own Nonprofit
Want to do more? If you’re business-minded and you’re looking for ways to fill free time, launching your own nonprofit could be a great move.
- Perform a nonprofit needs assessment to determine if people in your community need the service you want to provide.
- Find out which legal business structures your state allows for nonprofits.
- Learn how to form a nonprofit corporation so it’s easier to get funding.
- Write up a nonprofit business plan to detail how you intend to achieve your mission.
Volunteer Your Time
Running a nonprofit is a lot of work. If you’re looking for an easier way to help out your community, consider volunteering at various agencies and organizations.
- Explore different opportunities for volunteering in your community, like at soup kitchens and hospitals.
- You can also help on a global scale by volunteering online.
- Consider turning your passion for community service into a career by becoming a licensed teacher.
- Learn how to be the best volunteer you can be!
Members of strong communities rely on each other for help and support. If you want to help build a community where everyone thrives, do what you can to help those in need. Whatever you have to offer will be appreciated!
Find amazing places and things to do in Kantuckee!