Moving to Lexington? As you prepare to move to this friendly and vibrant community, Kantuckee shares everything incoming residents need to make Lexington their home.
Buying a Home in Lexington
Lexington is a great area to buy a home, but where should you start your search?
- A local real estate agent is a homebuyer’s best asset. Partner with a dedicated agent.
- Every Lexington neighborhood has its own personality. Learn about our neighborhoods to find your next home.
- First-time homebuyers in Kentucky can take advantage of several programs including state down payment assistance programs.
- Remember to transition your utilities and contact information with all appropriate businesses, friends and family.
Moving Your Business to Lexington
Moving your small business from out of state? Here’s what you need to do before joining the ranks of Lexington business owners.
- Decide whether to domesticate your business in Kentucky or apply for foreign registration. If starting a new business, learn what’s required to register your LLC in Kentucky.
- Find business license applications, search available commercial properties, and connect with your state chamber of commerce.
- Learn other legal requirements related to running a business in Kentucky including tax registration, unemployment insurance, and workers’ compensation.
- Your business contacts will need to be updated, as well as contact information on your website, social media, business cards, letterhead, and so forth.
Schools and Childcare in Lexington
Lexington is known for its family-friendliness. Whether you’re moving with a full house or starting a family, here’s what parents need to know.
- Lexington is home to great public schools; research your options.
- Read reviews and compare prices of childcare services.
Pet parents are welcome too! These are the must-have resources to help four-legged family members feel at home.
- Find information about pet laws and registration.
- Learn about some top dog parks in Lexington.
- Use BringFido to find local groomers, trainers, daycares, dog-friendly restaurants, and other pet-friendly places nearby.
These resources only scratch the surface of what makes Lexington a great place to live. To discover the rest, you’ll have to come and see for yourself!